Why Start a Save@School Program in your Community...
- Students will become aware of the benefits and easy availability of savings accounts.
- It helps to encourage savings habits and promotes planning for future investments.
- It combines the resources of government, education, business and labor to make new opportunities available to students and educators.
Who Does What...
Kansas State Treasurer’s Office will:
- Save@School Program
- Curriculum development
- Partner financial institutions with schools
- Disburse training materials
- Market Save@School Program
- Serve as resource and media contact center
Financial Institution will be responsible for:
- Partnering with elementary schools to operate the program
- Establishing savings accounts
- Providing staff to assist with Save @ School activities
- Training students for staff positions
- Processing all transactions
- Providing account statements
- Hosting field trips to financial institution
- Partner with local financial institution
- Assign staff to coordinate program
- Recruit parent volunteers (if needed)
- Schedule regular school activities
- Encourage all students and staff to participate
- Students learn the roles of tellers, marketers and other bank officials
- Participate in Save @ School activities
- Open savings accounts and make frequent deposits
- Acquire positive financial habits