"This page outlines a short history of the Kansas State Treasurer's Office. The office began in 1859 and was, soon after the Capitol's completion in 1870, located there where it remained approximately 100 years. Since then, the office has been housed in the now demolished First National Bank building at 535 Kansas as well as the Security Benefit Building at 700 Harrison. The office is now on the second floor of the Landon State Office Building, 900 Jackson." Learn more about Jake.